at Meredith College
Designed for individuals with a bachelor’s degree, these flexible programs allow you to gain key digital skills that complement the knowledge and experience you have and prepare you to advance in your current field or prepare for a new career.
Our Graduate Certificates in Digital Media
The Digital Media and Digital Communication Certificates at Meredith College will introduce you to the creative techniques and technical skills required to thrive in the increasingly digital nature of the workplace. Gain the knowledge and skills you need, whether you are an established communications professional or just starting your career.
Digital Media Programs
Digital media programs at Meredith are interdisciplinary post-baccalaureate certificate programs whose flexibility allow you to pursue your studies at the pace that works best for you. Two certificate options, a variety of electives, and financial assistance allow you to focus your studies on the areas of interest for you in the timeframe and financial format that makes sense for your career.
Choose from electives in writing, photography, social media, web design, marketing, PR, data analysis, and more.
The Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Digital Communication at Meredith College is an interdisciplinary program consisting of 16 semester hours of coursework: four 3-credit courses, a one-credit portfolio, and three hours of elective credit.
Why Study Digital Media at Meredith?
- You’ll receive personalized instruction from expert faculty. Most courses are in-person, allowing you to learn hands-on, which is preferable for some students when learning technical skills.
- Our coeducational programs are open to all.
- The flexible program allows you to choose a schedule that works for your needs – go full-time or part-time, depending on how quickly you want to complete the program.
- A wide range of electives allows you to focus on the areas most of interest to you and most beneficial to your career path.
- You’ll develop a professional portfolio to showcase your technical expertise to employers.
- Our programs are competitively priced – and financial assistance is available. Federal Direct Loans are available for students pursuing a digital media certificate, while private loans are available for students interested in the digital communication certificate.
- You can access career guidance from professionals in our Office of Career Planning (OCP) as well as a database of more than 10,000 registered employers who are approved to post internships and jobs. You’ll also have lifetime access to OCP.
- Meredith’s location in a top 25 media market and N.C.’s capital city will give you access to exceptional professional opportunities.
- You’ll be guided by an Advisory Board made up of industry professionals from every sector of the media industry who can offer critiques on reels, resume advice, and more.
Lauren Phillips, ’21, earned an undergraduate degree in exercise and sports science but pivoted to a career in marketing after pursuing the Digital Communication Certificate.
Digital Media Facilities
A new Communication, Health, Exercise & Sport Sciences (CHESS) building was recently constructed that includes a new media studio, podcast studio, editing suite, and agency-style classroom. These resources give you access to innovative spaces that allow for creativity, collaboration, and flexibility in the ever-changing landscape of communication in the digital age.
And because the digital media programs are interdisciplinary, you’ll take classes in a variety of locations across campus as you learn from experts in each field.
Two competitively priced program options
Adaptable program format and delivery for working professionals
Ideal location in top 25 media market
What Can You Do With a Digital Media or Communication Certificate?
The flexible nature of digital media means you’ll have numerous options when thinking about your next career move. Part of that decision will be guided by your current career and experience as well as your interests in the digital media field.
Careers in the digital media space include content manager, content strategist, digital marketing specialist, email marketing specialist, SEO specialist, social media manager, content writer, copywriter, and more.
The median annual wage for media and communication occupations is $62,340 according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, which estimates that approximately 115,800 openings each year, on average, will come from growth and replacement needs.
Digital Communication News
Meredith’s Post-Baccalaureate Digital Media Certificate program recently added a team of professionals to serve as an Advisory Board for digital media students. The Board will provide students with critiques on reels, give resume advice, and answer other general questions.
In July, a small group of students with a wide range of professional and academic backgrounds came together for a week-long summer intensive course: Digital Media Convergence.
Assistant Professor of Communication Alan Buck was recently selected to become a specialist for the Fulbright Program, the largest educational and cultural exchange program in the country.