The pre-select Dietetic Internship admission option is offered to those who have earned the Meredith College DPD Certificate the opportunity to apply for early admission into the Site Preceptor options of the Meredith College Dietetic Internship prior to the spring computer matching process. Students applying to the pre-select admission option will commit to attending the Meredith College Dietetic Internship and bypass the computer matching application and selection process. Up to 30% of our intern slots in our Site Preceptor Pathway will be filled through the pre-select option.
Qualification requirements include:
Completion of DPD Program from Meredith College (with valid DPD Verification Statement dated 2013 or after)
Currently enrolled in the DPD program with plans to complete by May 2020
In addition, applicants must
1. Have a DPD GPA and overall GPA of 3.0 or greater out of 4.0, with a grade of C or higher in all DPD science and DPD professional courses
2. Submit a completed application packet via DICAS between December 10, 2020 and January 16, 2021
3. Write a personal statement (letter format, 1000 word maximum)
Questions to be addressed in the personal statement include:
4. Upload DICAS Application
5. Mail official transcript(s)
6. Declaration of Intent to Complete Degree or Verification Statement
A valid Declaration of Intent to Complete Degree or Verification Statement from an ACEND accredited DPD must be submitted before the applicant can begin the internship.
7. Send recommendations through DICAS
Three recommendation letters are required, including one from the DPD Director issuing the Verification Statement; one from a professor in foods and nutrition or related area; and one from an employer or supervisor or a professor in foods and nutrition. If desired, the DPD Letter of Recommendation may be emailed directly from the DPD Director to the DI Director, or it may be mailed along with the application fee to Meredith College. The DPD letter of recommendation should include:
8. Application fee and supplemental application
9. TOEFL scores, for international students only (can be waived if student earned degree in U.S.)
10. Additional information
*Please note that if you are accepted into the internship during the pre-select process, you are NOT eligible to participate in the computer matching process for the April 2020 match. The DI program director will provide the names of all pre-selected students to D&D Digital Systems, Inc. to ensure that accepted interns do not participate in the computer match.
Martin Hall, Suite 233
The Internship Program in Nutrition and Dietetics is currently granted accredited status by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2190, Chicago, IL 60606 | (312) 899-5400 www.eatrightpro.org/acend