Service requests may be submitted by using the Service Request Form or calling ext. 8560 from a campus phone. The online form is preferred. 


  • All requests from academic departments should come through the department head’s office.
  • All requests that involve re-programming of academic spaces must go through the Provost’s office.
  • Use of the Service Request Form implies that you understand and accept these terms.

Emergency Service Requests

Emergency Service Requests require prompt action because of the immediate or potential hazard to the safety of the campus community or property. They may also address a situation that threatens an important campus function. Examples include power outages, gas/water leaks, flooding, snow or ice removal, etc. All fire alarms are reported to Meredith Campus Police at extension 8888.

Normal Service Requests

Normal Service Requests include maintenance and repair needs that commonly occur and can be handled during normal work hours. Examples include maintenance and/or repair of doors, locks, windows, office furniture, lighting and most plumbing, heating or cooling problems, etc. Use the Service Request Form for Normal Service Requests.

Special Service Requests

Special Service Requests are typically non-routine, labor-intensive, unfunded projects or projects that require technical review and administrative approval. These will be prioritized and subject to availability of facilities or departmental funds. Examples include installation of power, painting, lock changes, new shelving, renovations, carpeting, etc. A Meredith Project Proposal and Approval Form is required for all special service requests or projects prior to facilities reviewing the projects.

Contact Information
Facilities Building
(919) 760-8560 

(919) 760-2886
(919) 760-2881