Interested in a Career in Health Care?
Students at Meredith may plan an academic program to prepare them for careers in:
Meredith has a strong track record of preparing students like you to succeed in the healthcare field. We offer individualized advising. Shadowing and clinical experiences with top organizations. Opportunities to strengthen your leadership skills. And a community of fellow students and established professionals who share your interest in healthcare.
Department of Biology faculty member Karthik Aghoram coordinates Meredith’s pre-health advising. He provides guidance to students on scheduling the proper courses and obtaining clinical experience to meet the requirements of their chosen graduate or professional program. He also assists students as they navigate the admissions process.
Graduate and Professional Program acceptances:
- Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University
- Campbell University College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
- Duke University School of Medicine
- Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine
- George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Georgia Regents University
- Loyola University School of Nursing
- Methodist University
- North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University
- Northeastern University School of Nursing
- Queens University of Charlotte
- UNC-Chapel Hill Accelerated Nursing Program
- University of Louisville School of Dentistry
- University of Southern Indiana College of Nursing and Health Professions
- Wake Forest University School of Medicine
- West Virginia University School of Medicine
- Yale University School of Medicine
At Meredith, all pre-health professions students receive personalized advising to guide them in scheduling courses, identifying leadership, shadowing, and community service opportunities, studying for the admissions test, and more. And the Meredith pre-health society helps students develop a network of peers with similar goals and interests.
Parimala (Pari) Prahalad, ’20, a biology major, was well prepared for her next phase of education in the School of Dental Medicine at East Carolina University.
At Meredith, Katie Murphy, ’18, came to see how her sense of responsibility is a strength, and the support she received in and out of the classroom empowered her to succeed in her goal to attend medical school.
Exercise and Sports Science major Lauren Grodi, ’20, used her strengths at Meredith as volleyball team captain, student researcher, and intern. She continues to use them while earning her doctorate in physical therapy at East Carolina University.
Fulbright recipient Briana Petrusa, ‘21, is combining her interests in chemistry and Spanish to pursue a career in medicine helping underserved populations.
At Meredith, Rana Oueijan, ’19, pursued a focused academic path and enjoyed a variety of powerful hands-on learning experiences. Next up: the four-year Doctor of Pharmacy program at Campbell University.
Transfer student Meredith White, ’15, credits her experience at Meredith for her success as a Duke University Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) student.