The Office of Career Planning serves as a clearinghouse for incoming internships. If students are interested in earning academic credit for their internship, they will need to work with the faculty coordinator in their academic major. Additionally, students can find information about internships:
- Online through Handshake
- From departmental faculty coordinators
- Subscriptions to internship email listservs
- On posters and flyers posted around campus
- Connect with OCP and employers or organizations on LinkedIn
- Use social media: follow employers and search for opportunities on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
- Research employers that interest you
- Attend employer, career, and networking events hosted by OCP and other campus organizations
Once students have located an internship, they should meet with their major’s faculty coordinator to learn how to obtain class credit if academic credit is desired. If students have already completed an internship and would like to gain academic credit through another learning experience, consider Cooperative Education.
Cooperative Education is designed to integrate academic study with paid career-related job experiences. The co-op program, coordinated through the Office of Career Planning, offers perks such as:
- Earn while you learn
- Experience working a semester- or summer-long job
- Receive 1 to 4 credits through COE-302 or COE-403 (150 hours/semester for each credit hour)
- Build your resume and contacts in your field of interest
Stay connected and informed about positions (full-time, part-time, internships and co-ops), upcoming events, on-campus recruiting, and employer directory information through Handshake, OCP’s online jobs board, which is accessible to current students and alumnae.
A current and up to date profile on Handshake further ensures that when opportunities that meet your interest, background, and skills are available, you can be notified through searches you create or targeted emails sent from our office. Don’t have an account? Visit Handshake to create your account and request access.