Certification with Disability Services is the process of requesting and receiving accommodations for a documented disability.
Students new to Disability Services (DS) will use the Meredith College Student Wellness Portal to request accommodations and upload disability documentation.
1. Log on to the Meredith College Student Wellness Portal using your Meredith NetID and password. Select Accommodations from the banner menu across the top and select Application from the pull-down menu to begin the process.
2. Step 2 of the Application process is uploading disability documentation that is consistent with the Meredith College Documentation Guidelines.
Please review the Meredith College Documentation Guidelines before submitting any of the following in isolation:
- IEP or 504 Plan
- A Health Summary generated by a patient healthcare portal
- A screenshot of medical information on a patient healthcare portal
- A note (typed or handwritten) on a prescription script
Additional documentation will likely be required if not accompanied by an evaluation report or clinical letter that conforms to the Documentation Guidelines.
3. After your disability documentation is reviewed and approved, you will receive a message from a disability counselor inviting you to an Intake Appointment. Schedule an Intake Appointment by emailing DisabilityServices@meredith.edu or by calling (919) 760-8427. DS counselors can make arrangements to meet with you in person or remotely via secure telehealth.
After your Intake Appointment is complete and your documentation has been approved, you will be fully certified and eligible to receive accommodations and services at Meredith College.
Each semester, once you are certified with Disability Services, you will request accommodations for your new classes using the Meredith College Student Wellness Portal. We will explain this process during your Intake Appointment.
Submit all disability documentation using the Meredith College Student Wellness Portal. Please save documents in one of the following file formats before uploading: PDF, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, BMP, or GIF. Documentation may be uploaded in step 2 of your Application for Accommodation.
Additional documentation may be uploaded at any time using the Document Upload tab in the Meredith College Student Wellness Portal. Select “Disability Documentation” from the pull-down menu to send documents directly to Disability Services for review.