Identify racism at Meredith through the lens of our history and current students. Use that feedback to develop an action plan that provides root solutions to the findings.Recent Progress
- A foundational step in the Anti-Racism Initiative was to undertake a nationally normed campus climate survey of undergraduate and graduate students, employees, and alumnae/i.
- The DEI exploratory committee reviewed the results of the campus climate survey and supplemented those findings with focus groups for even deeper insights into experiences on campus. This committee recommended the key elements of a diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) professional position to a formal search committee, after which a national consultant built a strong pool of applicants.
- Meredith’s Coordinator and Special Assistant to the President for DEI began work in January 2022.
- During the 2022-23 academic year, Meredith is updating its strategic plan, which guides the priorities, resources, and accountability for our work. The planning process has included strategic planning summits held for each pillar during the 2022-23 academic year. Each pillar of the updated strategic plan will include diversity, equity, and inclusion goals.
- The DEI coordinator has played an important role in the strategic planning process and has supported the efforts of academic and staff departments in incorporating DEI initiatives into their plans.