BUSINESS AT MEREDITH COLLEGE
The School of Business at Meredith College provides an academically challenging learning environment where students develop critical thinking skills in all areas of business, with an emphasis on teamwork, communication, leadership, and ethical decision-making.
The School of Business at Meredith College exists to provide an academically challenging learning environment, where students develop critical thinking skills in all areas of business, with emphasis on teamwork, communication, leadership, and ethical decision making.
Excellent teaching is complemented by strong faculty-student relationships, by faculty scholarship that enhances our curriculum, and by service to the College and to the Central North Carolina community.
We aspire to be nationally recognized for exceptional business education, preparing undergraduate women and graduate students to inspire, create, and lead with integrity in the global economy.
In all our relationships, we demonstrate our steadfast commitment to the core values of:
- Integrity – We strive to be honest, ethical, and professional in our dealings with others. We take personal responsibility for our actions.
- Excellence – We set high expectations for our community through academically rigorous programs that promote critical thinking, intellectual growth, and uncompromising standards.
- Leadership – We provide an environment where individuals develop the self-confidence, courage, and conviction to inspire others toward common goals. In particular, we are dedicated to the leadership development of women in business and as global citizens.
- Respect – We value the skills, strengths, and perspectives of each member of our community and encourage the free exchange of ideas. We strive to treat everyone fairly and with courtesy, dignity, and respect.
- Achievement – We are dedicated to success by empowering every member of our community to achieve both personally and professionally and to grow intellectually through the pursuit of life-long learning.
Top Business School for Women
– College Consensus
Less than 6%
of business programs worldwide are AACSB-accredited
average faculty/student ratio for undergraduate and graduate students
provides access to internships and jobs at top corporations and organizations
connect students with experts in their fields of study
undergraduate and graduate business programs
At Meredith, students gain the skills and knowledge needed for today’s competitive and complex global business environment. Through hands-on experiences, intimate class sizes, and robust internships, students gain the confidence and connections they need to succeed in their chosen careers.
- Broyhill Business Fellows enhances students’ professional development
- Business Advisory Board provides guidance on academic options and placement of graduates
- Career Tool Kit helps undergraduate students gain a competitive edge in the job market
- Office of Career Planning provides career exploration tools, internship guidance, resume writing assistance, mock interviews, and more
Marie Johnson, ’20
Business Administration and Fashion Design Major
Inside Sales Account Manager II, Lenovo
- 100% of students have completed 120-hour internships.
- 100% of students surveyed were employed or in graduate school a year after graduation.
- 98% felt well prepared for their career.
- 98% would attend Meredith if they started college again and 100% would recommend Meredith to others.
Source: 2022 Survey – Undergraduate Business Alumnae
Hear firsthand from students and alumnae/i how their Meredith experience launched or accelerated their business careers.
With support from her advisors, business administration major Remay Pemba, ’24, pursued a passion for finance, studied abroad, completed multiple internships, and prepared for her chosen career.
Fareena Qamar, ʼ20, gained important job experience and knowledge through internships while at Meredith which led her to accept a position with Morgan Stanley.
Recent graduates of the Meredith College School of Business have been hired by top organizations, including
- Cengage Group
- Cisco Systems INC
- Credit Suisse
- Department of Homeland Security
- Fidelity Investments
- Grant Thornton LLP
- Guidant Global
- Hobbs Properties
- Martin Marietta
- Prometheus Group
4+1 program that allows Meredith College undergraduate students to earn a graduate degree in just one additional year, saving both time and money.